Apr 6, 2015

Recent Stock Purchase - Microsoft (30 shares, $37 dividend income)

Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) makes Microsoft Windows that runs a lot of personal computers in homes and offices worldwide. I wrote this post on a laptop that runs Windows 8 and previously I used a laptop that runs Windows 7. Microsoft's past dominance in the software technology space is undisputed and its founder, Bill Gates is the richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine.

For the past decade, increasing competition and the internet has made Microsoft Windows platform dominance a thing of the past. Microsoft had become a technology dinosaur that was slowly going extinct. I believe however with new CEO Satya Nadella and company shift to cloud services, they are starting on a comeback trail to technology relevance again.

After a recent pullback in share price, I took this opportunity to add this dividend payer to my portfolio. Microsoft pays a consistent and growing 3% dividend yield and is promising more shares buyback. I like their prospects going forward and I will happily earn this yield waiting for the company to turn itself around. This purchase will add $37/yr to my dividend income portfolio.

Basic info:
Market CAP: 340B Dividend %: 3  EPS: $2.48



Check out the rest of my dividend and growth stock portfolio watchlist

No comments:

Post a Comment