Apr 8, 2015

Recent Stock Sale - YUM Brands (40 shares, loss of $65 dividend income)

After years of ups and downs, I finally decided to sell my remaining 40 shares of Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM). Yum owns KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell in over 125 countries.

I bought YUM several years ago for its strong portfolio of global brands and long history of dividends. However it has been an underperforming investment due to reoccurring food safety issues in China and other asian countries. I still like this business sector but currently due to their low yield, I am looking elsewhere for better returns.

This sale will result in a $65 loss to my yearly dividend income but I will use proceeds (~$3k include small gain) to get another dividend payer soon. I'm currently looking at potential buys AT&TUPS, IntelRoyal Dutch Shell, Diageo Plc.

Basic info:
Market CAP: 34B Dividend %: 2


Check out the rest of my dividend and growth stock portfolio watchlist

No comments:

Post a Comment