May 3, 2016

Stock buy - GILD (12 shares, $20 dividend income)

Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) is a biotechnology company that specializes in antiviral drugs for HIV, hepatitis B, influenza and pulmonary diseases.

I first bought 10 shares of Gilead in March 2016 but the price has pulled back off considerably. After a recent weak quarter result, Gilead's stock price is now at a level which I think is even more attractive. However for the next few months, the whole biotech sector will still be challenging because of election politics. I predict this weakness will blow over eventually and I'm willing to wait while earning almost 2% dividend.

This purchase will add $20 dividend income to my dividend stock portfolio

Basic info:
Market CAP: 119B     EPS:$11.69    Dividend: $1.72 (1.93%)




No comments:

Post a Comment