Apr 24, 2015

Trade or Investment - 3D Systems

3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) makes three-dimensional (3D) printers.

I stumbled onto 3D Systems from investor site fool.com and is a company with huge potential. 3D printing is expected to revolutionize global manufacturing and this company is a key player in the market. I bought shares in this company as the share price began to rise and plan for an opportunity to exit this trade with a good gain.

By 2014, DDD was up already big (6-8x bagger) but I still have not sold. I was getting greedy. I wanted more. I wanted at least a 10x bagger so I held on. However since then its performance has not been pretty as you can see from the chart below.

I'm hoping DDD will follow the volatile performances of my 2 biggest mistakes - selling TSLA and NFLX (hindsight examples of Buy and Hold stocks).

This trade turned => investment is not over yet.

I'm still holding DDD on to this day and still aiming for that 10x bagger exit one day! :)

Market CAP: 3.3B  EPS: 0.11




No comments:

Post a Comment