Apr 14, 2015

My 3 Biggest Energy Sector Losers (ESV -33%, FCX -40%, SDRL -65%)

Ouch, talk about catching falling knives - I bought these 3 stocks in 2014 when oil price started falling but since the start of 2015, all them have dropped even lower.

- ESV is down over 33%, dividend cut
- FCX is down over 40%, dividend cut
- SDRL is down over 65%, dividend suspended!

When I bought these 3 energy sector stocks in 2014 after a sharp selloff, I was betting they would bounce back strong this year. Looking back I way too early to buy into the energy sector and also too confident in their ability to maintain dividends. I'm paying the price now for those mistakes. The oil and energy sector selloff continues this year and no end is in sight yet.

Yes, I'm still holding these 3 companies and may be even add more shares if I see real signs of oil price bottoming and recovering. As the saying goes "Buy When There's Blood In The Streets" - Baron RothschildUnfortunately some of that blood currently is mine. :((



ENSCO PLC  (NYSE:ESV) is a United Kingdom-based offshore oil drilling company.
Market CAP: 5.5B Dividend %: 2.4 (dividend cut recently)



Freeport-McMoRan Inc (NYSE:FCX) is a mining company for mineral assets, oil and natural gas.
Market CAP: 19B Dividend %: 1  (dividend cut 90% recently)


Seadrill Ltd (NYSE:SDRL) provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry. 
Market CAP: 5B Dividend %: 0 (dividend suspended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment