Apr 1, 2016

Stock Purchase - Diageo (12 shares, $31 div income)

Diageo plc (Diageo) (NYSE: DEO) is a global provider of beverage alcohol of various brands in spirits, beer and wine in over 30 countries. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness, Crown Royal, Yeni Raki, JeB, Buchanan's, Bundaberg, Ypioca, Cacique, Windsor, Bell's, JeB, Grand Old Parr, Shui Jing Fang, Ciroc and Bulleit Bourbon, among others.

I seldom drink but I am very familiar with some of Diageo products => my now almost 90 yr father is a lifelong Guinness fan ! :) Alcohol is one class of consumer product that is unique and its demand is inelastic in a sense that it is a very branded centric business. I like the slow steady dividends this business generates and I'm a buyer at these levels and lower.

This purchase will add $31/yr to the dividend income portfolio

Basic info:
Market CAP: 67B   EPS: $5.55  Dividend: $2.60 (2.4%)




No comments:

Post a Comment